Recognizing Good Works
Carroll County Chamber
plans 2014 awards dinner
to entertain the crowd
CARROLLTON, Ky. (August 2014) – The Carroll County Chamber of Commerce is planning its Annual Scholarship Awards and Recognition Banquet on Thursday, Aug. 14, at Gen. Butler State Resort Park Conference Center. North American Stainless is the sponsor of the evening, which includes a social hour and silent auction at 5:30 p.m., followed by dinner and entertainment, along with the presentation of awards. The social hour and silent auction are being sponsored by Phil Brown Insurance.
Proceeds from the silent auction and dinner benefit local scholarships.
Each year, the chamber recognizes members that have exhibited superior leadership or special accomplishments during the past year.
Nominations were accepted through July 18 for these business and community awards.
In addition, the entertainment for the evening will be guitar comedian Matt Jernigan. A native of Wilmington, N.C., Jernigan grabs the attention of people both young and old with his crazy song parodies. He entertains crowds with his guitar and impersonations of popular singers such as Brittney Spears to Elvis Presley, and from Lady Gaga to Justin Bieber.
The actor, singer-songwriter and musician has been featured on many TV shows, including “The X Files,” “Days of Our Lives” and “Make Me Laugh.” He has also appeared in TV commercials and performed in some of L.A.’s top comedy clubs.
Jernigan lived in L.A. for 13 years after having earned a degree at East Carolina University. He has won several voice and comedy competitions.
Chamber awards to be presented include:
• Beautification Award: This award is presented to a business that continually improves the quality of its business through landscaping, renovation, expansion, façade improvements, signage, and other “curb appeal” projects to enhance the appearance of the property.
• Community Impact Award: This award will be given to a business, industry or organization that has contributed to the quality of life for the residents of Carroll County. The contribution to the community may be a business expansion, programs offered, funds donated or a combination of these.
• Raymond Ray Community Service Award: This award is named in memory of the late Raymond Ray, whose volunteer hours contributed to the success of several community organizations and events. His tireless efforts created a positive quality of life for citizens of Carroll County.
• Business Hall of Fame: This award will be given to a business that has been open for 50 years or more.
This year, all businesses that have been in business under the same ownership for 50 or more years will be recognized at our banquet and will receive a plaque, with a permanent plaque hung in the Chamber office listing the “Hall of Fame” members. If you wish to include your business, or someone’s business you know, please contact the Chamber with this information.
Also, the Chamber wants to recognize individuals who have received awards within their own industry. Contact the Chamber with such information.
• Tickets are $30 per person or $240 per table of eight. To purchase tickets or for more information, call the Chamber office at (502) 732-7034.
Back to August 2014 Articles.